Excursions: Aqualand, Slide and Splash, kayaking, canoeing, cruises, fishing, zoo visits, dolphins and hot air balloon rides.
At Monte Rosa we can organise a wide variety of excursions and activities for you. Breakfast time is the perfect occasion to tell us what you would like to do. We can give you information, organise bookings for you and even help you with transfers.
- Kayak adventures: Come and explore the stunning coastline of Lagos. Starting from Batata Beach you will travel south following the coast line whilst visiting some of the smaller less accessible grottos and caves and unspoiled areas where boats cannot go. On the way back you will stop at one of the smaller beaches, snorkel for a while and then return to the base up to 3 hours later. Join in for some fun packed hours of adventure, exploration and excitement!
- Canoeing: Enjoy a lovely river trip along the river Alvor in family friendly 3-seater canoes.
- BBQ cruise: A wonderful trip sailing around the extremely impressive caves, rock formations and along the bay of Lagos. After viewing this wonder of nature you anchor in a sheltered bay while the crew prepare and serve grilled chicken, salad with a secret dressing, potatoes, bread and wine. Remember to bring your swimming/snorkel gear as the ocean will allure you in for a dip. You will then be taken through the famous caves of "Ponta da Piedade" on a smaller boat to ensure you get close up. You will experience the magic of sailing, relaxing, sipping a cocktail and enjoying the sun, sea and views.
- Grotto trip: On this two hour trip you sail from Lagos to Ponte da Piedade, where the boat anchors. The helpful staff will transfer you into a smaller boat so you can be shown the famous caves and rock formations of Lagos. There is the opportunity to sunbathe or swim while you are there.
- Family fishing: The fishing trips are suitable for both beginner and professionals with an interesting variety of fish to be caught in the rich waters of Lagos. Fish you might see include Sea Bass, Stone Bass, Garfish, Bream, Squid, Cuttle fish and Mackerels. In the relaxed atmosphere on board even those fishing for the first time will feel completely at ease. Experienced staff are at hand to help you. You are of course allowed to take your catch of the day back home too!
- Dolphin watching in Lagos: You are invited on a spectacular tour in the magical world of these mammals. Several species can be seen in the Algarve waters, preferably from a boat with a fully trained captain and marine biologist who take into consideration all aspects of their well-being and conservation. They know exactly where to look for dolphins by maintaining radio contact with their colleagues out at sea which makes the chance of locating the dolphin pods very probable. The dolphins are frequently bow riding with the boat, diving beneath its hull and coming up on the other side. Since they have lungs they must surface every 60 seconds. Seeing this kind of wildlife is advisable in an early morning trip when the sea is calm. About ninety per cent of dolphin searches end up with a sighting. It is important to choose a reputable boat company whose concern for the animals exceeds that of satisfying the passengers' need to observe them.
- Zoo: 2 km away from Monte Rosa you will discover the lovely Lagos zoo with 120 animal species and 200 botanical species from the 5 continents of the world. A space abundant with vegetation and a variety of colours, shapes and sounds. This is a lovely place to visit with your kids! Monte Rosa guests can have a discount voucher to visit and you can look at www.zoolagos.com
- Diving: If you have never dived before then why not try a 1 day "Discover Scuba Diving Experience"? You can also become a fully certified diver in only 4 days with the PADI Open Water Diver Course! Also there is daily boat and shore diving or you can book a snorkeling trip to many sites along the beautiful Algarve coast.
- Aqualand: This spectacular water park has some of the most unique attractions in all of the country. Try to surf down an almost vertical drop on the 23 metre high Banzai descending at dizzy speeds or almost fly down the Kamikaze slide which takes you to ground zero in less than 4 seconds from a height of 95 metres. This is the perfect day out for pure adrenaline, joy, fun, adventure and relaxation. Look at aqualand
- Krazy World Algarve Zoo: An action packed outing for kids and adults. Enjoy exploring a wide range of exotic animals, an exciting fun park, swimming pool, mini golf course and much, much more. This wild amalgamation of fun and adventure makes a truly special and enjoyable family day out. For more information please visit krazyworld
- Sevilla: This historic Spanish city is a little over 2 hours away from Monte Rosa by car and also easily accessible by bus or train. Renowned for its beautiful historical buildings, impressive parks and of course for its Spanish tapas there are a huge amount of places to see and experience. For fun without limits you can visit the famous Isla Magica the ideal place to let your imagination and emotions overflow. With incredible attractions, spectacular shows, crazy rides and engaging audiovisuals you will be stimulated and entertained from all angles.
- Hot air balloon rides: Experience breath taking views and the ride of a life time either around the Algarve or in one of the many other sites around Portugal. Select from group or singular trips and the option to enjoy a champagne lunch in the sky. An extravagant day for those looking for something special.